Booking your Engagement session or Bridal Portrait & Preparing
It is time to book your engagement session Date! Your engagement session is your chance to get to know me, get comfortable with how I work and have FUN in front of the camera.
When would you like to set a shoot date? mornings or afternoons? spring, summer, fall, winter?
Weekend are limited, so if you need a Saturday or Sunday let me know a time farm so I can fit you in.
Tips to picking a location you would like to have your session at!
You should feel at home in the location.
You should be able to freely express affection.
You should have full liberty to have fun.
You should feel beautiful in the location.
Note: Since we are working outside with natural light it is important to show up on time do to the sun.
Here are some steps to take to make sure that you’re 100% prepared for your session! :
- Outfits : Most couples have two outfits, one casual and one that is dressier. The BEST advice I can give about outfit selection would be to try to COORDINATE instead of matching. Try to stay away from patterns, they make it hard to Photoshop out wrinkles and fabric folds later. Also, bold jewelry, scarves, and colored shoes photograph really well! Make sure you look like YOU and feel comfortable! Here is what The Knot says 5 Amazing Dresses For Your Engagement Photos. My Pinterest board to get some Ideas Engagement outfits.
- Preparing your Groom (Stag 1): This is the part that all brides need to pay attention to! If your fiance’ is completely unaware what he will be doing at the shoot, he is going to think it’s really strange when I tell you two to “Nuzzle” or get “Nose to nose”. He’s expecting a few pictures smiling at the camera, showing off the ring and that’s it! So it’s your job to explain to him why you love this style of photography and help him know what to expect! I suggest sitting down with him and showing him some of your favorite engagement sessions that I’ve shot to give him an idea of what he’s about to experience! :) http://www.brubakerportraits.com/engagement
- Hair, Makeup, Nails & Ring Cleaner: Some brides opt to have their Hair and makeup trial done right before their engagement session, so that they can see what their makeup will look like in pictures before the wedding day! I highly recommend this! It’s always fun when a bride gets her hair and makeup done for her shoot! Getting a basic manicure is important because I will be taking picture of your hands. Last but not least, I will be taking your RING! So your ring has not come off your finder since he put it there. To make sure it Sparkles and SHINE! Your diamond could use a little cleaning.
- Preparing your Groom (Stag 2): It is just as important for the groom to get hair and nails done … A fresh haircut and a groomed beard or stubble. Clean nails make a big difference. All of these things will make him look good in your engagement images.
- Things to bring: As for props, if there is anything you would like to bring to the shoot that would be fine just let me know so I can plan to incorporate it in your engagement shoot. Also; Bearing a pair of slip on just in cases you feet get tired.
I hope those tips were helpful!
5 Amazing Dresses For Your Engagement Photos
Engagement Photo Basics
Why Should We Take Engagement Photos?